суббота, 23 июля 2022 г.

The Pop Surrealism of Eric Joyner

Folks have their favorite robots, of course. Some lean toward R2-D2, some really dig the T-1000, some like cuddly little WALL-E, and some grey-haired obscurantists will talk your ear off about V.I.N.CENT. from The Black Hole. But a everyone, we hope, has a soft spot in their heart for Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet, the classic CinemaScope science fiction riff on Shakespeare’s The Tempest. But only the pop surrealism master Eric Joyner would think of painting Robby playing the blues on an electric guitar. Here’s more from Sci-Fi-O-Rama:

First I get a kernel of an idea, then think about it, expand upon it… consider all the possibilities. I may do some sketches, depending on how lost I am. Then I do research on the subject I want to paint. Next, I may photograph some of my toy robots. Then on the computer I will combine the sketches, research and photos into a composition. Then after transferring the image to the canvas, I spray it with fixative. Next is a thin wash of oil paint (1/2 thinner, 1/2 Galkyd); a brown or grey color. After that drys I work from dark to light, background to foreground, thin to thick and fuzzy to sharp. I mix regular oil paints with alkyds, so the paint drys faster. After a couple weeks I can varnish it, usually spray varnish.

See more!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/PrCscm3
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *