
Kyle Lambert had worked remotely for most of his career and always dreamed of having his own backyard office. A place on the property but completely separate from the home.
Until this year, that idea seemed too unnecessary… then our baby grew into a toddler. We have a small house in Portland. We love it, and it works for us, but it became clear that it could use more space.
I looked into many options. My budget’s two most viable paths were an Autonomous.ai prefab office Pod or building an office by utilizing a shed frame. The Autonomous pods are gorgeous and come prewired with electricity. You just plug them into an outlet in your house. But I wanted proper heating and air conditioning. I had spent hot summers working with a portable AC unit blasting in the background, and it just wasn’t for me. Their base starts at $16.5k; adding $5k shipping, paying someone to assemble it (I didn’t have time to DIY), and adding a mini-split HVAC system, and we were getting closer to $30k. It was not bad, but it was more than I wanted to spend, not knowing how long we plan on staying in our house.
Deciding against an Autonomous Pod left me with the shed conversion option. I decided on using Tuff Shed for the main frame. I was able to design and configure my structure using their online designer. They also have a local showroom in town, so I walked through some models to get an idea of what I wanted.
See more on imkylelambert.com. Via Hacker News.
from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/hp8UTZd
via IFTTT
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий