среда, 19 июля 2023 г.

Rail-Life Story: He’s Building NYC’s New Subway Cars – and a Career 🚆🚂🚇

R211 Cutler SQ

Wonderful personal history by Joshua Cutler. From a young age Cutler pursued his interest in engineering and trains. Through college and after graduation he was able to turn his passion for the MTA’s new R211 into a career!

Via CUNYverse:

Sometimes, things do not go exactly according to plan – and sometimes you even get a head start on the goals you’ve set for yourself. Through City College’s career office, I landed an interview as an intern at the MTA. Although I did not get the position I initially applied for, I continued to communicate with the people I met during my interview.

Finally, in March 2023, the R211A prototype cars began passenger service testing, and of course I rode on the ceremonial run! After having spent so much time reading about and dreaming of working on the R211 project, the ceremonial run was the perfect culmination of all my efforts, and it was a day that I had only dreamt about for so many years!

Read more!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/cQFp2Yv
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *