среда, 28 апреля 2021 г.

Hacking a $200 Under Desk Exercise Bike #ReverseEngineering

Wayne Venables decided to take a chance and order an under desk exercise bike to get some more cardio. But the interface was unsuitable.

Bluetooth connectivity is important to me; being able to see and record speed and distance is a big motivator. For connectivity there is unsurprisingly a phone app. It’s not a good app. It feels unpolished and gets mediocre reviews. And, of course, it also requires a signup and tries to upsell you on a subscription for classes. I can ignore all that. But, sitting at my workstation, I don’t want to take out my phone and go through 5 steps every time I want to workout. Nor do I want to keep my phone on and propped up on my desk for long periods of time. Lastly, I very much did not want all my workout data locked away in this app.

The solution was obvious — build my own desktop app!

You can read more about developing the app here and the project is on GitHub.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/3nvj09O
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *