понедельник, 12 сентября 2022 г.

Woodturning Coffee Beans into a Coffee Mug

Some of the best projects are the ones that start out as experiments you have convinced yourself are doomed for failure. This video from Preston Miller Projects is no exception. I love how the exposed coffee beans look, though I do agree with some of the video commenters that going with a transparent epoxy could have made for a really interesting visual as well.

When I began woodturning the coffee beans into a coffee mug I had no idea what to expect. I just wanted to do a little something different. Would it even hold together? Would I find air pockets all over given all the small cracks and crevices between and inside the coffee beans? Which would make the piece too weak to cut into anything of use. This was more of a long shot experiment than a potentially successful project. I did not have high hopes for this to turn out well.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/L8R4hN0
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *