четверг, 14 июля 2022 г.

Running Linux on an ESP32 #ESP32 #Espressif #Linux @Hackaday @DrorGluska

Hackaday notes Dror Gluska’s work on running Linux an an ESP32 microcontroller.

I’ve been playing with the idea of running Linux on ESP32 since the first days I’ve met its more robust module, the WROVER-B, on paper it seem possible since its a dual core 240Mhz and has 16MB flash and 8MB RAM, compared to our antique machines that could run Linux, it seems like a beast.

Doing some research on it, I’ve understood that its MMU is insufficient for running Linux on it. during the past few years I’ve been looking into it to see if anyone else found the time to implement it and eventually I’ve decided its going to be a good opportunity to learn a bit more about RISCV and Buildroot. Two subjects I’ve been putting off for longer than I’d like to admit.

I’ve decided to start with something rather to write it all from scratch, which I didn’t have time or energy to do for this project, I’ve looked into QEMU emulation for RISCV but taking this project apart and getting only a few components out of it to run on an embedded system seemed like too much work. Eventually I’ve found out about Fabrice Bellard’s TinyEMU (demo).

Check out the video below, Dror’s post for all the details and the Hackaday article.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/DtsEewX
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *