вторник, 2 июля 2024 г.

How This Costume Designer Updated Jedi Robes for ‘The Acolyte’

Charlie barnett and lee jung jae in the acolyte

It might be set a long time ago in a galaxy far away, but Star Wars’ design aesthetic is heavily influenced by the 1970s. Updating the wardrobe while remaining true to the blueprint is no easy task. Fun interview from No Film School with Jennifer Bryan:

I started my prep in the States and then eventually went over in June, and I had my first big presentation to Kathleen Kennedy. And when I was doing my research, I thought, “Wow, the colors of the Jedi!” I’m a colorist, that’s one of the tools that I rely on heavily when I’m designing regards to what the period is. If I can bring color into it that’s appropriate, I’ll do that.

So I started doing my presentations, and I know the Jedi are already in the iconography of Star Wars, but because the timeline was before, a hundred years, I had a hundred-plus years out. Almost prequel-like. I knew I had some leeway. I took a stab. I thought, “I think the Jedi uniforms and color palette could be a little different, not too far off, but a little different from what we’ve known.”

Read more!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/ljwfvhk
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *