среда, 5 апреля 2023 г.

Tempus Nectit Knitting Clock

IMG 20230318 122503

Inspired by another project on Hackaday, maker Kyle Rankin knew he needed his own. This clock stitches out a scarf as time passes. Great guide and write up, made with some Adafruit goodies.

The day the post showed up on Hackaday, I actually shared it with my wife saying how cool it was and how I wanted one. Her response? “You should make one!” While I had already entertained the idea before that, her encouragement pushed me over the edge. After all, even without any instructions, if you break down what this clock is into its individual components, it isn’t all that complicated. You need:

  • A 48-hook circular knitting machine
  • A stepper motor attached to the hand crank
  • Electronics to control the stepper motor
  • Software to turn the motor one stitch every 30 minutes

I had a stepper motor from an old 3D printer, a Raspberry Pi, and willingness to learn new skills. I needed a knitting machine, some electronics components, and a lot of new skills. To complete this project I ultimately needed to learn how to control stepper motors electronically, expand my rudimentary Python skills, and learn 3D modeling.

See more!

some of the guides used – Playing sounds and using buttons with Raspberry Pi and Adafruit DC and Stepper Motor HAT for Raspberry Pi




from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/rYuLV4H
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *