четверг, 16 марта 2023 г.

Making an epaper Mac system watch clock #MARCHintosh #CircuitPython

Pierre Nicolas Durette is designing a pixelated desk clock inspired by the original Macintosh System watch cursor.

In #MARCHintosh-esque fashion, I decided to make my Macintosh System watch cursor clock concept a reality!

I wrote the display code for it—It’s all CircuitPython, testing it here on an Adafruit MagTag (using the buttons to add/remove 1h or 5min).

Now I need proper hardware, especially a square(ish) ePaper display.. Ideas welcome!

I explored making it pixel-perfect, but it didn’t make any sense. I got all the watch cursor frames from ResEdit, but it only makes sense if it’s 9 o’clock and you don’t want any precision.

I’m not 100% satisfied at how the hands are currently showing, especially how they’re joined. I don’t want it to be a circle, as this should be blocky, so I wrote some code to fill the gap between the two rectangles forming the hands, but, WIP.

See GitHub and Mastodon for details.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/GFUCqI4
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *