суббота, 19 ноября 2022 г.

How gas pumps know when to turn themselves off

I remember when I was sixteen and started pumping my own gas I was very skeptical of the pumps ability to shut itself off. I haven’t thought much about it since.

The more you know! It alls comes down to the Venturi sensor, a fluid mechanical system. Interesting vid from Steve Mould:

Gas or petrol pump nozzles turn off automatically when your tank is full. The way it works is really clever and uses the venturi effect.

See more!


For volatile compounds it is probably best to avoid electronics. For daily liquid measurements why not try out a Smart Measuring Cup from Tony DiCola on the Adafruit Learn System

DSC00434 cropped



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/6rTedAN
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *