суббота, 18 июня 2022 г.

The Awesome Women Scientists of 1990s SFF | #SciFiSunday

Harding LW 3

Absolutely stellar list from Leah Schnelbach up on Tor.com. If I really truly had to pick a fave, I would have to go with Dr. Sarah Harding. Weird choice, I know, but Moore just nails what would be, for any other actress, an impossible follow-up to Dern’s performance

When I learned that Laura Dern was returning to the Jurassic-verse as Ellie Sattler in the upcoming Jurassic World: Dominion, it sent me on a spate of glorious reminiscence of how much a small group of fictional scientists meant to me.

There was a brief time, a time that shines in my memory, when weird women scientists were heroes. And I’m going to talk about them, possibly at uncomfortable length. Journey with me to a magical era of hope and high concept sci-fi, and join me in celebrating a few of coolest female scientists of the decade.

I’ve organized these women by decidedly unscientific categories; I am sure I’ve missed some of your favorites, so please sing their praises in the comments! And before we go a step further I want to shout out my beloved colleague Emmet Asher-Perrin’s essay on Real Genius, specifically for their encomium to Jordan Cochran, who is basically the baby version of the women I’m about to talk about.

Read more.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/H2KxUhF
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *