понедельник, 30 октября 2017 г.

DOOM on a C.H.I.P., Powered by GadgetOS, RetroArch, @OSHPark PCB | @nextthingco

Technically DOOM is running on the C.H.I.P. Pro, an ARMv7-A SBC-brain that user Groguard connected to a 2.8″ TFT, custom PCB, and 2500mAh lipo for power that provides an estimated 3-5 hours of runtime! The whole package is a project Groguard calls the Groboy.

“I’ve always wanted to build my own handheld. I had seen people using Raspberry Pi’s to do it, but I wanted something a little more custom. I wanted to make my own PCB and make it thinner and more pocketable. I didn’t want mine to just be another iteration on something that had been done. I wanted it to be my design from the ground up.”

The first big success came early in the process, “I got the SPI stuff going and had DOOM running on the devkit pretty quick.” At the time, there were very few project that used SPI displays with C.H.I.P. Pro and seeing a working example shared on the forum was exciting.

Read more.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2zQRqtD
via IFTTT

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Имя

Электронная почта *

Сообщение *